maanantai 6. lokakuuta 2008

About the bass and Riki Sorsa..

First of all, I don´t have much to add what Mr. Mikkonen already wrote. But anyway, I was also very impressed to get to play at Petrax. What a great week we had. And what a great sound came out, we used two cabins, other was my own 1x15" and the other I borrowed from Mr. Broman of Damngod and it was MesaBoogie 2x15". Thank you Toni! Amplifier was the good old Marshall Jubilee. Strings I used we´re Rotosound and from this point I´ve got something to tell.

Rotosound strings are ok but this time they just did not work. I blame Riki Sorsa. I broke three ( yes that´s true, 3 ) E-strings by playing too hard. It sounds amazing because I use very thick strings. It was not so good because we nailed the songs together with Samuli and when strings just broke, you have to start from the scratch and it eats the feeling away. From now on, I blame Riki for every bad thing. Actually it felt like his spirit had surrounded us. You see, we found lots of old Suosikki-magazines from the early eighties at the studio. Almost every magazine had some story about Riki. And even when I was having my lunch break and watching tv, he popped out from there also. So he was really near all the time.

But after all I´m smelling bad but feeling good. The atmosphere at studio was GREAT! Thanks goes to Petri & Tiina, Alkku & Ville and of course my playing buddy, Mr. Mikkonen. That´s all folks, Tomppa says hello to everyone. By the way, the songs are starting sound really HEAVY and GROOVY. Fukin´ aye!

Ei kommentteja: